Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Linked Into a Whole New World

I never would have thought that networking these days would be so much easier and different than the old days, when you had to meet people in person, make the rounds by shaking hands, introduce yourself and tell them what you do, etc.  Not anymore!  Now you can join LinkedIn, which puts you in touch with people you never would have met otherwise.  It's helping me so much in my quest to become a published author.  Not only am I connecting with other authors, but I'm building resources I can use at a later date. 

Since my books lean toward mystery and crime, it's great to have the right contacts when I want my story to make sense and be accurate...I now have police force contacts, psychologists, lawyers...in addition to other writers that are helping me along the way.  It's a wonderful feeling!  I'm meeting such nice people without having to leave the house.

2 comments:

  1. I am constantly amazed at what the internet can bring us. That is awesome that there are so many different people you have been put together with to achieve your quest. I know you will be successful. Just remember that dirty word...patience. I don't really know what patience is, but I have heard about it before and know it is important to get you to where you want to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not leaving the house= priceless :-)

    ReplyDelete