Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mission Impossible....

I accomplished the impossible today!  My husband has ZERO interest in reading...yes it's true...isn't that ironic?  His wife is aspiring to be a well-known author, and he doesn't care about reading.  I was having trouble re-writing (yes AGAIN) my first chapter, and I asked him to just let me read it to him. 

It wound up achieving two great things...(1) he was pulled into my story and started helping me re-write it, and (2) it helped me 'hear' the story.  One of my publishing books suggested reading your book aloud to get a sense of what doesn't sound right, etc.

My husband also got a taste of how I find time getting away from me! lol  He's STILL helping me, so I must run...we have more collaborating to do :)

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read the finished product! I'm so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! Congrats to both of you! See, ANYTHING is possible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Little Box...I spoke too soon! He doesn't want to be brought into my whirlwind of this as much as I've become...can't much blame him! But I'm sure he'll help me again if I ever hit a glitch!

    ReplyDelete