Monday, April 30, 2012

No Hassle at the "Castle"

I hope most people are familiar with the smash TV show, "Castle."  If you're not, you should be.  I've watched it since the first episode, and it has the perfect mixture of simpatico characters, humor, and crime mystery.  Since Richard Castle is the next favorite author on the list I posted in a previous blog, I'd like to recommend his books.  The ingenious marketing of tie-in's from the book series to the TV show is nothing short of brilliant!

The show airs on ABC at 10pm on Monday nights.  Hmmm...they should have paid me for that little plug, but no matter.  The main character on the show is Richard Castle, a famous crime fiction novelist.  He writes a series of books about a cop named Nikki Heat.  In the show, his books are based on the cop he gets to 'shadow' throughout the series, whose name is Kate Beckett.

Once this show took off and became popular, they started printing the actual BOOKS, even though there really ISN'T a Richard Castle! lol   I'd love to meet this secret ghostwriter, because he deserves some credit!  It's really a hoot to have books out, written by Richard Castle, who is essentially non-existent, but a television character PLAYING an author!  As I said earlier, it's pure genius! 

Therefore, my next recommendation to you all is to check out 'his' books.  They are especially fun to read if you follow the show, because all of the characters from the show are featured in the books!

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/c/richard-castle/

4 comments:

  1. Finally! LOL Thanks. I am always looking for new authors to read. I'll start reading these and when I'm done with the books I'll watch the show on Hulu and let you know what I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glen, I would suggest starting the shows first, then you're better able to understand and 'plug into' the book tie-in's. It's GENIUS marketing!

    ReplyDelete