Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sherlock Holmes......

Speaking of books made into movies, what do you think of the Sherlock Holmes series with Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law?  Has anyone read the actual books?  I admit I haven't, but I am completely in awe of the movies.  The repartee between these two is so entertaining!  Every discussion is a quick "back & forth" banter  that leaves me laughing.  They're like an old married couple.  I'm a huge fan of Robert Downey Jr.  

It's such a relief to see he turned his life around, coming back from the very depths of addiction to take advantage of his innate talent for acting.  But I digress...if anyone out there has read these books, I'd like to know how the movies stack up against them.  Or if, you've just watched the movies, what do YOU think of them?

2 comments:

  1. The movies are not based on any of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's books, they are taken from a screenplay. A long time ago I read a couple of his books. Great classic books. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the movies are an amalgamation of some of the books...I wonder if the books were as humorous as the movies are, with the banter between Holmes & Watson.

    ReplyDelete