Friday, June 22, 2012

There's Hope Amid the Fury....

In the writing world, there's an EPIC battle going on between those that are traditionally published and those that self-publish.  I confess that my aim is to traditionally publish, as I long to see my name on bookshelves someday.  However, I haven't yet ruled out e-publishing if I find myself heavily rejected.  There are choices now for writers.  Choices that weren't available years ago.  More and more established authors have even dipped their toes into e-publishing, so the lines are being blurred.  And that's a good thing.

Many of the blogs I follow are ripe with this very topic.  A blogger displayed the following quote today, and I loved it...

"If you wrote something for which someone sent you a check, if you cashed the check and it didn't bounce, and if you then paid the light bill with the money, I consider you talented."

Who do you think said that?  None other than Stephen King :)

No comments:

Post a Comment