Thursday, June 28, 2012

"Never Wander Far From Your Thesaurus.....

Wise words, indeed!   Most of you know, in addition to writing & editing, I'm also reading a STACK of books to help me improve before I submit anything officially.  The one I'm currently reading just mentioned exactly that....to keep a thesaurus nearby at all times.

As I write and edit, I always have www.thesaurus.com opened on my laptop screen.  It has helped me innumerable times in finding just the right word I want and/or need.  Whether I need to convey something and can't quite think of the word, or I already have a word in the manuscript, but it's too often littered throughout, it's a lifesaver!

So just a tip from 'lil ole me to my fellow writers - I bet you do the same, but if you're just starting out and need another helpful hint (I've been doing this a while, but I ALWAYS love finding new tips), that's my bit of wisdom for the day.  Happy writing!

2 comments: