Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Butterfly...

OK it's just weird, but in a great way.  Remember how I had an experience with a butterfly several weeks ago?  I had another today.
 

I parked my car in the lot, at work, and noticed the same type of butterfly just hanging out, on a rusty pole.  It opened and closed its wings several times.  I greeted it with a happy hello and wondered if it was yet another sign.
 

About two hours later, I went to my car, and it was still there, in the same spot.  I asked it, "Are you a sign of positivity and good things for me?"
It fluttered its wings again.
 

I took it as a "yes."  :)

4 comments:

  1. That's cool! I like your thoughts of it being a sign! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your story Dawn. Your story reminds me of when my daughter was little. We were driving in the car and I was explaining to her that angels can appear as different things...like butterflies, for instance. Right after I said that, a white butterfly fluttered up the windshield. It was a neat feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, that's a poignant story and lovely memory for you and your daughter.

    Lisa, in a previous blog, I mentioned my encounter with a butterfly. It prompted a friend to look into the symbolism. She said it can represent a rebirth of the soul, opening yourself to new life and taking chances. Also to making change when the opportunity arises.

    I'm hoping these continuous sightings are telling me 'good change' is afoot for me and my writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi

    I used to wake up in the middle of the night and see a big multi-coloured - larger then life - butterfly fluttering in the darkness above my head. This experience went on for a couple of years... Haven't seen one in a long while...

    ReplyDelete