Wednesday, September 19, 2012

"In Death....."


I'm a huge fan of the JD Robb "In Death" series.  Most of you may already know that it's Nora Roberts' alter ego.  Funny, I'm not very fond of her books under that name, as they tend to be romance novels, which aren't my cup of tea.

I'm usually not fond of the futuristic genre either, but the "In Death" series is absolutely engaging!  It's set in a not-so-distant future, where cars can float about in the air, and regular coffee is a rarity.  However, the core of each book is the same - following a tough, no-nonsense cop in New York City.  She's married to a billionaire, but the money doesn't impress her.  She doesn't wear fancy clothes or even fancies socializing.  She's amusingly awkward in social situations, but one heck of a cop!

Because each story mostly centers around her and her quirky friends and co-workers, along with a good, old-fashioned murder mystery, I was sold after the first book.  I've followed it ever since, all through the 35 books that have followed, and continue to do so.  They're full of rich characters that quickly become comfortable.

I suggest starting with the first one, "Naked in Death."  You'll thank me, because you'll be hooked as happily as I am.

You can find the entire series at the link below.  I use this site religiously, as you can search for any author and see their books in order.  Enjoy!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment